It is well known by all the great change that the Internet meant in our lives and how it was not going to be less, marketing adapted to that new era. The Digital Marketing or Online Marketing has pursued the use of the Internet and gave us opportunities to promote a business or brand more efficiently. In the new era of the Internet, the possibility of sharing information quickly and easily thanks to social networks and further information and communication technologies was born.
For some years now, the Internet is not only allowed to use information search engines but also as a community, where there are relationships, experiences, knowledge is shared and feedback is generated with users from any part of the world. Therefore, in this introduction to online marketing, we will discuss the techniques, advantages and why online marketing is becoming the pillar of attracting customers from many companies.
In this new area, the second part of digital marketing is developed, since users have complete freedom to talk about the brand. They have the power of opinion, which was previously only allowed to the media. This happens thanks to the emergence of platforms such as social networks, blogs, corporate websites, Email Marketing, etc. Now everything has changed, and the company and client can strengthen this relationship since by increasing proximity and be able to establish direct contact with the brand, we can create the bond of loyalty that is so coveted.
Introduction to online marketing: most used online marketing techniques
Online Marketing is a set of Marketing techniques based on digital media. Among them we can find:
- Promotion of the Web: In the leading search engines (SEO, SEM).
- Social networks: Take advantage of its impact by managing and optimizing networks and social media marketing.
- Affiliate networks: The ability to link with affiliate groups that promote our products or services from your website in exchange for a commission.
- Email marketing: Campaigns sending emails that are not classified as spam and that stand out among the other emails received.
- Web design and development: Harnessing the potential of the Internet based on the most innovative programming languages and marketing techniques.
All this work, especially lately, has been facilitated by the criticized social networks with their special way of sharing content. You just have to know how to use them with conscience and squeeze them 100%. Among other collateral effects of the use of social networks we can see the example of the exponential increase of Video Marketing, which continues to grow actively flagged by the phrase “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
Introduction to online marketing Why Online Marketing?
This type of Marketing gives us the possibility to reach more people, faster and more economically. After the invasion of the Internet in our lives, we saw modified our behavior habits in society. Each movement is registered, where the individual does not find borders or distances, and this is directly influenced in the way of doing online marketing by taking advantage of these opportunities and benefits offered by the Internet.
The Internet is a gateway to an immense world, a vast range of possibilities. Apparently, everything is not invented, there is always something to learn and improve and that is why you still have to keep continually learning and evolving because that’s what the Internet does.
As technology advances new ways of doing Marketing arise are always inspired by the traditional actions of the real world. But in an orderly manner, with real-time access to an infinite number of parameters that will allow us to measure the exact effect caused by our actions, determining the cost, benefits and risk it offers us and allowing us to make strategic estimates with greater accuracy and greater efficiency.
Currently, the most successful campaigns are eMarketing and Mailing. However, emerging channels such as blogs and social networks are gaining strength, as content marketing is the new star of 2015.
Still, we should always keep in mind that a single strategy will never lead you to success. For a campaign to be successful on the internet, different strategic levels are needed or choosing in each one the most appropriate options. One option would be a central strategy that feeds other small-scale strategies. We could talk about thousands of possibilities such as the creation of a web page oriented to sales, email marketing, search engine positioning, online advertising, etc.
A small change, great results
I am one of those who thinks: “A small change can give great results.”
It is useless to simply have a web page if it is not adequate for the interests of your business or company. It often happens that people want to be on the internet because they are, and there is little or no use in having a web page without more. Among other aspects, web design plays a key role in online marketing and is one of the key factors to make your investment profitable in an online store or web page. Some of the advantages we could obtain from the correct combination of a web page with a good online strategy would be:
Advantages of a good Online Marketing strategy
1) Increase sales: The goal of any company is to increase their profits. Online Marketing will help you increase your sales progressively, regardless of your budget. But not only should they look at its economic benefits, but also look at the social benefits it will bring to the company, helping to create a better society.
2) Increase credibility: A good online presence and managed consistently, enables you to increase the likelihood of your company.
3) Increase the confidence of the client/consumer: If your company is present on the internet, it brings spirit to the consumer and thus reaffirms the image of your company.
4) Potential customers: Establishing conversations is one of the most practical ways to attract potential customers and increase brand awareness. To finally build loyalty.
5) Differentiation of the competition: Online Marketing allows you to transmit the advantages of your products or services directly, differentiating yourself from your competition.
6) Image of the brand: The presence in the Social Networks and the first positions of the search engines increases the positive image of a company instantaneously.
7) Segmentation of the public: The ability of segmentation offered by advertising on the Internet is much more advanced than traditional advertising methods. Let’s not forget Video Marketing, and it’s a very good strategy for differentiation.
8) Controlled investment: Online Marketing is the perfect solution for SMEs since it allows developing progressive strategies tailored to each company and measuring the results.
A web page is an essential part of the company and its philosophy. Before developing an Online Marketing strategy, we must be clear about the objectives we want to achieve. Only then the path to success can begin.